BE SELF-RELIANT: PREPARE YOUR FAMILY (Part 4) -
SUNDRY AND SANITATION ITEMS
As part of my ongoing series about what you can do to be a God-fearing, self-reliant, freedom-loving American...
Sanitation is a huge issue and in any sort of emergency often goes by the wayside. But disease and sickness usually takes a much larger toll than the actual emergency. A case in point is the typhoon that recently hit the Philippines.
The below reflects the “at a minimum” need for a family of 4 for a year:
QUANTITY WHERE TO BUY
1. 5 Cases of Toilet Paper Costco
2. 3 Lg. Boxes Tampons/3 Lg. Boxes Pads Costco
While embarrassing perhaps for some tampons are a huge deal and have many different uses...don't laugh. Read more here: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2012/06/05/survival-tampon/
3. 4 Lg. Bottles Dawn Dish Soap Costco
4. 5 Lg. Pkgs. Of Bar Soap Walmart
5. 5 Lg. Bottles of Shampoo Walmart
6. 16 Tubes of Toothpaste Costco
7. 2 Lg. Pkgs. Toothbrushes Costco
8. 8 Gals. Bleach Costco/Walmart
9. 8 Gals. White Vinegar
2 Gals. “Real” Apple Cider Vinegar Costco/Walmart
-Get actual Apple Cider Vinegar. Read the label, some are
just “flavored” only.
10. 4 Lg. Boxes Powdered Laundry Detergent Costco
11. 2 Ea. Breathing Washer (You can wash clothes in 5 Gal. Bucket) www.breathingwasher.com
12. 1 Awl for Awl (A handy item to have to repair things) www.awlforall.com
As always I welcome your thoughts!