Thursday, June 21, 2012

IF YOU'RE A CHRISTIAN IT CAN'T BE A HATE CRIME...AN AGENDA? YOU DECIDE...

Here is the actual correspondence. For some reason it was cut off the last post.
Let me know your thoughts...?

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Vestal [mailto:ShawnV@SPOKESMAN.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:16 PM
To: matt@voteshea.com
Subject: Interview?
Hi,
I'm Shawn Vestal, a columnist with The Spokesman-Review.
I'm wondering whether Rep. Shea would have time to talk about his assessment of his sign vandalism as a "hate crime."
If he's up for it, I'd be looking for some time this afternoon or tomorrow.
Thanks in any case,
Shawn
459-5431=
-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Shea [mailto:matt@voteshea.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:59 PM
To: Shawn Vestal
Subject: RE: Interview?

"Shawn,
Thanks for the email. Although Jim Camden previously called me on this, the next day he did not want to discuss it. I am still waiting for word back from the investigating officer but clearly this was motivated by hate as I'm sure you will agree. Furthermore, members of the Messianic Jewish Community consider this a hate crime since similar vandalism occurred on one of their signs a few years ago and I have bcc'd them on this email. Without question, this type of bigotry toward Christians and Jews is an extremely serious matter that affects the whole community not just my family and supporters. I hope you will take it seriously as well."
Warm Regards,
Matthew T. Shea
-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Vestal [mailto:ShawnV@SPOKESMAN.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:29 PM
To: Matt Shea
Subject: RE: Interview?
Hi, Matt,
Well, I'm not sure how seriously to take it. Or, rather, whether to take it the way you do: as a sign of hateful attitudes toward Christians.
That's what I'd like to talk to you about. I write a column for the paper, not news coverage, and my point of view is quite a bit different from yours.
To me, at first glance, this seems like a crime, but not a hate crime. What I'd like to do is go back and forth with you a bit over this, though, and see where we end up.
Would you be willing to do that?
Shawn
-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Shea [mailto:matt@voteshea.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 3:23 PM
To: Shawn Vestal
Subject: RE: Interview?

I am sorry Shawn, but this is not a matter for debate.
Warm Regards,
Matthew T. Shea
HIS FINAL RESPONSE...
OK.
I feel the same way, actually. But I thought I'd try and give you a chance to change my mind.
Best, Shawn


http://chumly.com/n/147b499

No comments:

Post a Comment