***STAND FOR MARRIAGE ACTION ALERT***
The State Legislature, backed by our Governor Chris Gregoire, is now pushing to create homosexual "marriage." There is no more delay. YOU MUST ACT NOW!
FIVE REASONS TO STAND FOR MARRIAGE:
l. Approving homosexual marriage is approving spiritual death. You are called to righteousness. 1 Peter 1:16 Even as a "gentile" you are called to abstain from sexual immorality. Acts 15:20 People who practice these things will not see the kingdom of heaven. Galatians 5:19-21
2. Christ has called us to honor the institution of marriage and marriage itself by saying: "But from the beginning of the creation , male and female he made them. For this cause shall a man leave his mother and father , and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh...What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." Mark 10:6-9
3. Each child born into the world has a God-given right to a mother and a father. It is written :"Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land which Yah'havah our Elohiym gives you." Exodus 20:12
4. God-ordained marriage is the center of culture. To lose marriage is to lose the ability to practice the Faith. Marriage between one man and one woman is the center of things we call Christian. Before Christ's edict in Matthew 5, women suffered degradation and a lower status in the social order. It is only marriage between one man and one woman that preserves for women equality in the social order. Should we lose marriage as ordained by Christ, believers will suffer persecution at the hands of the state.
5. Worship God in spirit and in truth. John 4:23. The Father calls you to "present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service" and to "be not fashioned according to this world: be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, and ye may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans12: 1-2 "Observe all that is written...Matthew 28:18-20
1. PRAY. Your prayers must begin with repentance, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23. We, however, as a nation, are under judgment. Isaiah 9 & 10-- Pray as in Daniel 9-for courage and in love for others to tell the truth with the right heart.
2. CALL YOUR LEGISLATORS AND YOUR STATE SENATOR. Be polite. Although many of these people have ears and hear not, and eyes and see not, you nonetheless have a duty to make the call. Follow up with an email, and schedule a meeting if you can. You must express your support of marriage as it is defined in the handwriting of the Father and in current law. LEGISLATIVE HOTLINE: 1-800-562-6000 (90 second call that will be sent to your reps!) FIND YOUR LEGISLTOR: apps.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/Default.aspx SEND AN EMAIL: www.fpiw.org/marriage/email-your-legislator.html
3. CALL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS: Call your Pastor, Elder, Priest, Bishop, Rabbi or Deacon; call the members of your congregation, and forward this information at once. Be polite. You have forwarded many spam messages and jokes! Now is time for you to forward this alert which is very important!
4. PARTICIPATE AS A LEADER WITHIN YOUR CIRCLE OF INFLUENCE: Print this Action Alert and carry it with you. "Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be you dismayed for Yah'havah your Elohiym is with you wherever you go." LIKE our 'Stand for Marriage Washington" Facebook site! Join our Coalition??
5. SHOW UP IN OLYMPIA. The first hearing on this bill may be as early as next week-you may have as little as 24 hours notice. BE READY. We need to get the attention of our opponents as well as the media. Go to the Stand for Marriage Facebook site for up to date info....as well as Twitter and website. JANUARY 17 is the annual "March for Life" on the Capitol steps from noon to 1:30...thousands will attend and the media will be there. This is followed by visits to one's legislators and their offices. JOIN THE STAND FOR MARRIAGE COALITION MEMBERS THERE AND TAKE A STAND FOR MARRIAGE-Take one of our brochures with you when you do your visits. We will have STAND FOR MARRIAGE buttons and materials available there. We will also be at the Home Educator's Day at the Capitol on Wed. Feb. 8th. Big crowds both places....plan to spend the day each day!!!
THE STAND FOR MARRIAGE COALITION: Tri City Tea Party Senator Val Stevens Pastor Dan Keller Concerned Women for America Washington Conservative Coalition Rep. Jim McCune [YOUR NAME HERE?] Christian Homeschool Network Washington Values Alliance Rep. Brad Klippert Faith and Freedom Network Pastor Shahram Hadian Rep. Jason Overstreet Family Policy Institute of Washington Pastor Jonathan Hansen Rep. Matt Shea National Organization for Marriage Pastor Ken Hutcherson Stephen Pidgeon, attorney Restore America